Wednesday 9 January 2013

Bout of Books: The Page 48 Challenge

Turn to page 48 of your current book, or 48% if you're using an e-reader.

Take the first complete sentence on that page and copy it.

Now you're going to continue the story! Ignoring the real plot or anything else you know about that book, add four new sentences of your very own. You can morph the plot completely, kill everybody off or go off on a huge tangent - anything goes!

I've just started Bloodlines by Richelle Mead so I haven't quite reached page 48 yet. Here's the first complete sentence -

I glared after him - though it had been kind of funny - and nudged Keith towards the door. 

And here's my sentences!

You wouldn't think someone suddenly growing wings could be funny but I wasn't the only one trying not to laugh.

Petrov whirled back round and pointed at each of us in turn and started to open his mouth but before he could say anything, his newly sprouted wings took on a life of their own.

Not only that but they began to change color - flashing through the rainbow, faster and faster.

There was a bright flash, a the smell of peonies flooded the air and his wings clashed against the door causing a hail of pink dust to envelop everyone in the room.

Check out Booking In Heels for more entries and tomorrow there will be an update post on how miserably I'm doing!

 

3 comments:

  1. Ha! Great response to the challenge :-) Aww, my reading is going a bit slower than I'd thought too, but having so much fun! Hope you're still enjoying the read-a-thon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving the read-a-thon! Typical though that suddenly I have plans every day!

      Delete
  2. ^^ i could imagine Petrov face in your answer, great!
    have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design