Tuesday 26 February 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #16 - In The Shadow Of The Blackbirds

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

I've seen my choice this week on lots of WoW posts over the last couple of weeks so it's not just me that can't wait for this one!

In The Shadow Of Blackbirds - Cat Winters
ISBN -  9781419705304
Publisher - Amulet Books
Expected pub. date - April 2 2013

'In 1918, the world seems on the verge of apocalypse. Americans roam the streets in gauze masks to ward off the deadly Spanish influenza, and the government ships young men to the front lines of a brutal war, creating an atmosphere of fear and confusion. Sixteen-year-old Mary Shelley Black watches as desperate mourners flock to séances and spirit photographers for comfort, but she herself has never believed in ghosts. During her bleakest moment, however, she’s forced to rethink her entire way of looking at life and death, for her first love—a boy who died in battle—returns in spirit form. But what does he want from her?

Featuring haunting archival early-twentieth-century photographs, this is a tense, romantic story set in a past that is eerily like our own time.' -
Goodreads


I think this sounds amazing and something that I would love, a bit like Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children in that it uses archival photographs.

What are you waiting for?

 

6 comments:

  1. This sounds mighty creepy! Thanks for sharing :)

    My WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man. This sounds fantastic! I love historical books (although I haven't read Miss Peregrine's yet) and ghosts together? Sign me up!

    Ellen @ Elle-Osophy
    My WOW post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading this one now and I'm really enjoying it. Great pick!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been into historical fiction lately (Hello, A Brief History of Montmaray) And I am adding this to my TBR. Great choice and thanks for sharing!

    Check out our WoW this week: http://yafictionandwhiskeysours.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great and has an awesomely creepy cover! I'm waiting on the new Neil Gaiman! Can't wait!

    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh I can't wait to read this! I fell in love with Ransom Riggs' Miss Peregrines.
    Beth | YA Vixens
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design