Wednesday 13 February 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #14 - The Ocean At The End Of The Lane

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week I've chosen

 
The Ocean At The End Of The Lane - Neil Gaiman*
ISBN (UK) - 978-1472200310
Publisher - Headline
Expected Date - June 18 2013

'THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE is a fable that reshapes modern fantasy: moving, terrifying and elegiac - as pure as a dream, as delicate as a butterfly's wing, as dangerous as a knife in the dark, from storytelling genius Neil Gaiman.

It began for our narrator forty years ago when the family lodger stole their car and committed suicide in it, stirring up ancient powers best left undisturbed. Dark creatures from beyond the world are on the loose, and it will take everything our narrator has just to stay alive: there is primal horror here, and menace unleashed - within his family and from the forces that have gathered to destroy it.

His only defence is three women, on a farm at the end of the lane. The youngest of them claims that her duckpond is an ocean. The oldest can remember the Big Bang.' - Goodreads

I absolutely love and adore Neil Gaiman, I bought all of his children's books & picture books last week for my niece & nephew's birthday present (to be kept here of course, so Aunty Nona can read them ;) ) and I try to buy everything by him. This went straight to the top of the 'I want it now' list and I preordered as soon as I could. I hear a nasty rumor too, that he is doing one last signing tour both in the US and the UK , then that's it - no more signings as they've become too big an event! You can guarantee nothing will stop me from being at a signing this year even if I have to travel to the other end of the country!

* This is the US cover, as of yet there appears to be no UK cover.

What are you waiting for this week?
 

3 comments:

  1. neil gaiman is in my author-to-read list. heard so many great things about his books. i love the cover of this one too! i'm excited to see the UK cover.

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read that book, it sounds amazing! Neil Gaiman is one of my favourite authors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to find another Gaiman fan! There can never be enough of us!

    One of my friends years back first discovered Neil Gaiman then proceeded to demand everyone else love him as much as she did. But I must acknowledge it didn't take much convincing after we read some of her amazing work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design