Wednesday 20 February 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #15 - Poison

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

My choice this week is -

 

Poison - Sarah Pinborough
ISBN -  978-0575092976
Publisher - Gollancz
Expected pub. date April 25 2013 

'POISON is a beautifully illustrated retelling of the Snow White story which takes all the elements of the classic fairytale that we love (the handsome prince, the jealous queen, the beautiful girl and, of course, the poisoning) and puts a modern spin on the characters, their motives and their desires. It's fun, contemporary, sexy, and perfect for fans of ONCE UPON A TIME, GRIMM, SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN and more.'

I love Sarah Pinborough's writing and I raced through her 'Dog Faced Gods' trilogy (dystopian horror/crime masterfully done and probably not suitable for anyone under 16, maybe even 18). When I heard she was rewriting fairy tales it was a given that the first one in the series, Poison, jumped on to my 'want it now' list as did Charm and Beauty, both out later this year! Expect to see Charm and Beauty on future WoW's when there are covers available!

What are you waiting for this week?

 

6 comments:

  1. I saw the cover before but I had no idea that this is a Snow White re-telling. I've got to read this. Great pick =D

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good. I hadn't heard of this Snow White re-telling. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh I have not heard of this one, I love fairytale re-rellings :) Great Pick!

    My WoW @The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds AWESOME. Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds great! I'm loving the fairytale retelling trend lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, both the book and the author. Sounds great!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design