Wednesday 30 July 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #85 - Gleam

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

Gleam - Tom Fletcher
ISBN - 9781848662520
Publisher - Jo Fletcher Books
Expected release date - September 4th 2014

In this Gormenghastian world the Factory is the law – but that does not
mean justice.
The Gargantuan factory of Gleam has seen a millennia of decreasing population. Now the central district is fully inhabited and operational; the outskirts have been left for the wilderness to reclaim. This decaying, lawless zone is the Discard; the home of Wild Alan. He’s convinced that the Gleam authorities were behind the disaster that killed his parents and his ambition is to prove it. But he’ll uncover more secrets than he bargained for. - Goodreads


As soon as I read 'this Gormenghastian world' this book went straight onto my wishlist! I love the Gormenghast books and how weird they are so if this is half as good as I'm expecting I shall probably love it. I've also read The Leaping, The Thing on the Shore and The Ravenglass Eye by the same author, a perfectly creepy horror trilogy with some great writing so I've been looking forward to seeing what came next.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting book. Love the cover. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cover and blurb! Enjoy! And thanks for sharing...

    Here's mine: “YOU”


    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm......Never heard of these. But I like weird so I'd probably like them too. Thanks for sharing. Love the cover!
    don't forget to check me out ;)
    BIG hugs xoxo
    Michelle @ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got an email from Jo Fletcher books about this and I am so looking forward to this too!

    ~Mogsy

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never heard of this, but it sounds interesting. Great pick!


    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cover! Definitely want to read this one :) Thanks for sharing!

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design