Wednesday 23 July 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #84 - The Slow Regard of Silent Things

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

UK                                                             US
The Slow Regard of Silent Things (Kingkiller Chronicle #2.5) - Patrick Rothfuss
ISBN - UK 9781473209329
US 9780756410438
Publisher - UK Gollancz
US Daw Hardcover
Expected release date - 28th October 2014
Find - Goodreads | Book Depository

The Slow Regard of Silent Things is set at The University, where the brightest minds work to unravel the mysteries of enlightened sciences, such as artificing and alchemy. Auri, a former student (and a secondary but influential character from Rothfuss’s earlier novels) now lives alone beneath the sprawling campus in a maze of ancient and abandoned passageways. There in The Underthing, she feels her powers and learns to see the truths that science - and her former classmates - have overlooked... - Goodreads

Nothing to say except I will begrudgingly accept this novella to tide me over until the publication of Doors of Stone... 

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh, haven't heard of them, I'll have to check them out! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come I didn't hear about this novella before? And as you said, I accept anything to make waiting for Doors of Stone easier. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh these look like awesome fantasy reads!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of this series! it sounds good, hopefully i can start it soon :)

    Here’s My WoW

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like books that have a school setting :) And I've not heard of these, but they look pretty good. Great picks!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seems interesting, will have to check this author out :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design