Wednesday 2 July 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #83 - Everything That Makes You

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

Everything That Makes You - Moriah McStay
ISBN - 9780062295484
Publisher - Katherine Tegen Books
Expected release date - March 17th 2015
Find - Goodreads

'One girl. Two stories. Meet Fiona Doyle. The thick ridges of scar tissue on her face are from an accident twelve years ago. Fiona has notebooks full of songs she’s written about her frustrations, her dreams, and about her massive crush on beautiful uber-jock Trent McKinnon. If she can’t even find the courage to look Trent straight in his beautiful blue eyes, she sure isn’t brave enough to play or sing any of her songs in public. But something’s changing in Fiona. She can’t be defined by her scars anymore.

And what if there hadn’t been an accident? Meet Fi Doyle. Fi is the top-rated female high school lacrosse player in the state, heading straight to Northwestern on a full ride. She’s got more important things to deal with than her best friend Trent McKinnon, who’s been different ever since the kiss. When her luck goes south, even lacrosse can’t define her anymore. When you’ve always been the best at something, one dumb move can screw everything up. Can Fi fight back?'


Hasn’t everyone wondered what if? In this daring debut novel, Moriah McStay gives us the rare opportunity to see what might have happened if things were different. Maybe luck determines our paths. But maybe it’s who we are that determines our luck.


Sliding Doors anyone? I love the sound of Everything That Makes You and can't wait to get my hands on a copy. It's going to be a long wait...

7 comments:

  1. I recently saw this one on a giveaway and it seemed pretty good. It has an intriguing concept and I like the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting :) Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of a few books with this concept but it still sounds pretty awesome :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read the synopsis for this yesterday after seeing the cover, and oh, it sounds super good!
    Thanks for sharing this with others :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds really good. I had started seeing this one around the blogosphere yesterday. Good WOW choice.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'll definitely add this on my TBR list. Sounds truly interesting and now I can't wait for it either. Great pick! :)

    Henna @ Howling for Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool concept! I love when books tackle big life questions like this. I'll definitely keep my eyes out for this one once it releases!

    --Katie at Paperback Planes

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design