Wednesday 17 April 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #21

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is


Raven Flight (Shadowfell #2) by Juliet Marillier - Book Depository/Goodreads
ISBN  978-0375869556
Publisher - Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
Expected pub. date - July 9 2013 

Be aware this is #2 in the series so the synopsis below may be vaguely spoilerish!

'Neryn has finally found the rebel group at Shadowfell, and now her task is to seek out the elusive Guardians, vital to her training as a Caller. These four powerful beings have been increasingly at odds with human kind, and Neryn must prove her worth to them. She desperately needs their help to use her gift without compromising herself or the cause of overthrowing the evil King Keldec.

Neryn must journey with the tough and steadfast Tali, who looks on Neryn's love for the double agent Flint as a needless vulnerability. And perhaps it is. What Flint learns from the king will change the battlefield entirely-but in whose favor, no one knows.'
- Goodreads


I cannot wait for this one! Juliet Marillier is one of my favorite authors as I keep saying and this is one of my most anticipated releases of the year - even though I still haven't read Shadowfell... You read that correctly, I've had an unread Juliet Marillier book on my shelves since the day I bought it. September 14th 2012 to be exact. It will be read soon, I promise :)

What are you waiting for this week?

8 comments:

  1. Awesome pick, although I still need to read Shadowfell, too.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Juliet Marillier, but I still need to read Shadowfell. Thanks for reminding me about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, cool pick! I didn't even know there was going to be a sequel to Shadowfell. I haven't read it yet, but now that the second book is coming out, I should probably get on that ;P

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a good one! Thanks for the recommendation.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really liked the first 3 books in marillier's sevenwaters series. i have shadowfell in my tbr but i've been putting it off. gotta read it before this one comes out. <3 the cover!

    my WoW

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! The Raven Flight looks really good! That cover is gorgeous! How have I not heard of this book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and thanks for letting me know that it's number two. I didn't realize at first it was a series!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design