Tuesday 30 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #5

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is -

Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book

This is a good one! This could have quite easily turned into a top fifty...

1. Dragons

Seraphina
 2. Fairies

The Iron King
 3. Witches

A Discovery Of Witches
 4. Mythology

Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief
 5. Libraries/Books

The Demon's Librarian
 6. Fairy Tales

Complete Fairy Tales
 7. Humor

Wyrd Sisters
 8. Gothic

We Have Always Lived In The Castle

9. Ghosts

Anna Dressed In Blood
10. Vampires

Interview With The Vampire

11 comments:

  1. We share quite a few! Nice list. I never read anything about books. Have to change that! :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dragon book , i forgot it . Nice lists

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love any book set in a library or involving books - it pretty much guarantees my interest! Also, dragons and mythology, when done right, are things that make me want to pick up a book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list - so many mythical creatures. I love them too! I had Vampires and Werewolves/Shifters on my list too, but I also love a good fairy and witch book.

    Check out my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, we have a lot of the same words and I think the same inspiration! My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun Top Ten Tuesday! Libraries and book stores are definitely a draw for me. While I wouldn't have thought to list dragons, I have read both The Hobbit and Seraphina lately...hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with so many of these. Mythology, books about books, witches, fairy tales, and humor, especially. Great list!
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also listed ghosts, fairytales and humor. Fairytale retellings are just so much fun. I love to see how an author has taken the original tale and reworked it and expanded into a new story with lots of character development.

    And books that make me laugh are always my favorites.

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Terry Pratchett and many of the other books you list are on my TBR "mountain" (no longer a pile). The Demon's Librarian?! That sounds AWESOME! New book! ::scampers off to add to TBR list::

    ReplyDelete
  10. How could I have left dragons off my list?!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design