Saturday 16 July 2016

Book Haul #128, Or The One Where I Nearly Succeeded...


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga's Reviews where we can share what new books we've picked up this past week be they bought, borrowed or downloaded. There are also lots of other 'book haul' memes out there for you to choose from!

Two weeks today I'll hopefully be sitting in a writing workshop at ComicCon and fingers crossed won't have spent all my money on Funko Pops! I've been really good this week, the only books I bought were these gorgeous new British Fashion Designer Editions of Beatrix Potter stories for the 150th anniversary. If you follow me on Instagram you'll have already seen my photos and how beautiful they really are. In review titles I finally got my hands on The Women In The Walls by Amy Lukavics and the new Natalie Richards which sounds far creepier than her previous novels...

Bought


The Tale Of Squirrel Nutkin (designed by Preen)
The Tale Of Mrs Tiggy-Winkle (designed by Orla Kiely)

Review

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28321033-one-was-lost?ac=1&from_search=true#

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24245162-unfolding?ac=1&from_search=true#

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25543181-the-family-plot?ac=1&from_search=true

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28367592-the-women-in-the-walls?ac=1&from_search=true#







21 comments:

  1. These books look really intriguing Fi. I hope that you enjoy them. :-) Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissi, looking forward to reading them :)

      Delete
  2. Impressiv haul. I don´t now any of those authors, but that can change :-)
    best wishes
    Vi @ Gone With The Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are some great authors, especially Cherie Priest for weird & wonderful and Natalie Richards for great YA thrillers :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, those Beatrix Potter editions are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren't they?! There are 5 Beatrix Potter books in the series but I got the 2 I liked best :) Very restrained :)

      Delete
  4. The Women in the Walls just sounds SO soopah intriguing, I can't wait to see what people think of it because GAAAAH! Creep-tastic!

    Here's hoping you enjoy your recent acquisitions! Also, here's my Stacking the Shelves this week, if you're interested in checking it out--no worries if you're not, though! Happy book-ing to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to read it, here's hoping it's as creepy as it sounds!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Awesome haul of books this week. I hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been many years since I read Beatrix Potter...about 36 years ago I think! Erk, I feel really old now! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nearly that long for me! I feel really old now too...

      Delete
  7. I'm jealous you have The Family Plot. I love Cherie Priest. Great haul this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Cherie Priest too so had to grab this when I saw it! Now to find time to fit it in...

      Delete
  8. Those Beatrix Potter books are so pretty!

    Enjoy your new books! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My Book Haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely very pretty, so pleased I bought them!

      Delete
  9. I think I might have learned of Women in the Walls from you blog! Now I really want to read it :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the pressure! Now I really hope it's as good as it sounds :)

      Delete
  10. Those Beatrix Potter books are so lovely! Very intrigued by The Family Plot - looking forward to the review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those Beatrix Potter books are beautiful! Enjoy all your new reads. :)

    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  12. Family Plot is on my list. All look so good. Hope you enjoy and Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design