Sunday 27 August 2017

#ShelfLove - August Update Check-In


It's August! And I'm almost caught up, sort of!!! Here's my TBR Challenge update for July. I read more of my own books this month than I realized, a lot of the books I was reading for #YALC were from last year so that was a pleasant surprise! What was also a surprise was the fact that I didn't read any books on my Kindle this month, not a single one. My sister and I were talking about how we have both stopped reading that way recently and I must say, I didn't really notice I hadn't used it. Maybe next month I will...

My #ShelfLove total increased by 10 in July, taking me up to 88 books from the TBR pile so far this year. As the end of the year rapidly approaches I don't see how I'm going to reach my target of 180.I don't want to adjust my final target but I also don't want to feel like I'm hugely disappointed in myself either. Decisions, decisions! Here are the facts and figures for July's Shelf Love.

Aims
  • Read at least 15 of my own books a month - they have to have been on my shelves up to and including December 2016
  • For every 15 books read I'm allowed to buy 3 brand new books
  • For every 20 books donated to either charity or the library, I can buy 2 new books
 Progress

Monster - C. J. Skuse
The Subtle Knife - Philip Pullman
(reread)
The Graces - Laure Eve
Pantomime - Laura Lam
(reread) 
The Falconer - Elizabeth May 
  The Square Root Of Summer - Harriet Reuter Hapgood
Fen Runners - John Gordon
The Midwinter Watch - John Gordon
Alice Jones: The Impossible Clue - Sarah Rubin
Aubrey and the Terrible Yoot - Horatio Clare


TBR July Highlights


July
 
Read - 21

Own - 20
Kindle - 0
Library - 1
 
TBR Challenge - 10
Review  - 3
 
 #ShelfLove Target - 88/180

Wishlist - 2684
TBR (Still not accurate) - 1525 (It changed! It went down...)
 
Goodreads Challenge Update




1 comment:

  1. I am trying a failing miserable at reading my own book, but you are killing it! *applause, applause*

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design