Thursday 24 August 2017

#ShelfLove 2017 - July Check-In


Welcome to July! I'm writing this in August, after having spent weeks without a computer, in hospital or both! I'm posting June progress today and July's progress on Sunday/Monday. I've got so much to catch up on that I'll probably be behind for the rest of the year.

My #ShelfLove total increased by 12 in June, taking me up to 78 books from the TBR pile so far this year. Not good at all, I don't see how I'm going to reach my target of 180 by the end of the year. Both June and July were hit and miss on the TBR thanks to traveling, #YALC, and other assorted things sent to try my patience. I think August is going to be the best month for my challenge as I've had nothing to except read but I'll discover that next week!

Aims
  • Read at least 15 of my own books a month - they have to have been on my shelves up to and including December 2016
  • For every 15 books read I'm allowed to buy 3 brand new books
  • For every 20 books donated to either charity or the library, I can buy 2 new books
 Progress

The Gifts of Reading - Robert Macfarlane
Thirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
(reread) 
Appointment With Death - Agatha Christie (reread)
Circus Shoes - Noel Streatfeild
(reread)  
Dancing Shoes - Noel Streatfeild (reread) 
 Theater Shoes - Noel Streatfeild (reread)
The Girl In The Steel Corset - Kady Cross
Monster Slayer - Chris Riddell
The Song From Somewhere Else - A F Harrold
Northern Lights (aka The Golden Compass) - Philip Pullman
(reread)
Siege and Storm - Leigh Bardugo
(reread)
The Mysterious Misadventures of Miss Clemency Wrigglesworth - Julia Lee


TBR June Highlights



June
 
Read - 23

Own - 15
Kindle -3
Library - 5
 
TBR Challenge - 12
Review  -4
 
 #ShelfLove Target - 78/180

Wishlist - 2683
TBR (Still not accurate) - 1531 (No change again...)
 
Goodreads Challenge Update

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you've read a lot of book this year already!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't really do much apart from read, especially at the moment!

      Delete
  2. I am a horrible, neglectful book owner. I keep ignoring the books I have for newer books and library books. I admire all the shelf-love you are showing. Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design