Wednesday 11 January 2017

Waiting On Wednesday #175 - Wintersong

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -


Wintersong - S. Jae-Jones
ISBN - 9781785655449
Publisher - Titan
Release date - February 7th, 2017
Find - Goodreads 


Beware the goblin men and the wares they sell.

All her life, nineteen-year-old Liesl has heard tales of the beautiful, mysterious Goblin King. He is the Lord of Mischief, the Ruler Underground, and the muse around which her music is composed. Yet, as Liesl helps shoulder the burden of running her family’s inn, her dreams of composition and childish fancies about the Goblin King must be set aside in favor of more practical concerns.

But when her sister Käthe is taken by the goblins, Liesl journeys to their realm to rescue her sister and return her to the world above. The Goblin King agrees to let Käthe go - for a price. The life of a maiden must be given to the land, in accordance with the old laws. A life for a life, he says. Without sacrifice, nothing good can grow. Without death, there can be no rebirth. In exchange for her sister’s freedom, Liesl offers her hand in marriage to the Goblin King. He accepts.

Down in the Underground, Liesl discovers that the Goblin King still inspires her - musically, physically, emotionally. Yet even as her talent blossoms, Liesl’s life is slowly fading away, the price she paid for becoming the Goblin King’s bride. As the two of them grow closer, they must learn just what it is they are each willing to sacrifice: her life, her music, or the end of the world.


One word about this book! Labyrinth... I've been so impatient to read this book since I first heard about it and thankfully Titan are publishing it here in the UK. Even better? It's not that long a wait.

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant pick! This looks beautiful, and I'm so excited for it too :) Awesome choice!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like I've been waiting on this one forever. I can't wait to learn more about the goblins. Great choice and while I know I'm wishing my time away - hurry up February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen nothing but great reviews for this book! I'm really excited to be reading it next. Hopefully it's every bit as magical as everyone says it is. ;) I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Fi. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for this one too! Sounds amazing and that cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep seeing this book on everyone's lists, so it must be good!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an eARC of this that I can't wait to read! The cover and description is so gorgeous, I hope it's good :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design