Wednesday 25 March 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #114 - The Aeronaut's Windlass

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

The Aeronaut's Windlass (The Cinder Spires #1) - Jim Butcher
ISBN (US) 9780451466808
          (UK) 9780356503653
Publisher (US) Roc
              (UK) Orbit
Release date (US) September 29 2015
                    (UK) September 14 2015

Since time immemorial, the Spires have sheltered humanity, towering for miles over the mist-shrouded surface of the world. Within their halls, aristocratic houses have ruled for generations, developing scientific marvels, fostering trade alliances, and building fleets of airships to keep the peace.

Captain Grimm commands the merchant ship, Predator. Fiercely loyal to Spire Albion, he has taken their side in the cold war with Spire Aurora, disrupting the enemy's shipping lines by attacking their cargo vessels. But when the Predator is severely damaged in combat, leaving captain and crew grounded, Grimm is offered a proposition from the Spirearch of Albion—to join a team of agents on a vital mission in exchange for fully restoring Predator to its fighting glory.

And even as Grimm undertakes this dangerous task, he will learn that the conflict between the Spires is merely a premonition of things to come. Humanity's ancient enemy, silent for more than ten thousand years, has begun to stir once more. And death will follow in its wake...


I have been waiting for The Aeronaut's Windlass for what feels like forever. I have had it pre-ordered since the beginning of June 2014 and looking at the ever changing date used to depress me. But look! We have a cover and, if my eyes don't deceive me, the UK edition is available two weeks before the US!!! How did that happen?! If that actually is the case then I'm happy!

I had to feature this today as I've just finished my Harry Dresden re-read/read and now I'm wondering what to read next. I've ordered the whole Codex Alera series from the library but in true library fashion every copy of the second book is out on loan so I have to wait. Aeronaut's Windlass can't come soon enough for me!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds SO COOL!!!!!! WOW! I'm excited to read it now, too! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick - I'm looking forward to hopping on the Butcher bandwagon at the start of a new series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any Jim Butcher books yet, but I own a ton of them. Even so, I'm still excited to see he has a new series coming. Hope you enjoy it!

    Leeanna.me: WoW

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design