Wednesday 26 March 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #69 - Smiler's Fair

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -

Smiler's Fair - Rebecca Levene
ISBN - 9781444753684
Publisher - Hodder & Stoughton
Expected release date - July 31st 2014
Find - Goodreads/Book Depository

'Yron the moon god died, but now he's reborn in the false king's son. His human father wanted to kill him, but his mother sacrificed her life to save him. He'll return one day to claim his birthright. He'll change your life.

He'll change everything.

Smiler's Fair: the great moving carnival where any pleasure can be had, if you're willing to pay the price. They say all paths cross at Smiler's Fair. They say it'll change your life. For five people, Smiler's Fair will change everything.


In a land where unimaginable horror lurks in the shadows, where the very sun and moon are at war, five people - Nethmi, the orphaned daughter of a murdered nobleman, who in desperation commits an act that will haunt her forever. Dae Hyo, the skilled warrior, who discovers that a lifetime of bravery cannot make up for a single mistake. Eric, who follows his heart only to find that love exacts a terrible price. Marvan, the master swordsman, who takes more pleasure from killing than he should. And Krish, the humble goatherd, with a destiny he hardly understands and can never accept - will discover just how much Smiler's Fair changes everything.'
- Goodreads


I'd like this now please! It has a moving carnival, I'm sold - I love books with menacing carnivals or circuses so can't wait to get my hands on a copy of Smiler's Fair, in fact who do I need to menace to do so? Just kidding...

 

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cover and blurb! Hope you enjoy it...and here's MY WOW PICK – “THE COLLECTOR”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...this does look seriously awesome. Evil carnivals are so much fun...er, well, horror. ;) Even the whole "smiler's fair" sounds so menacing...totally adding it on Goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is new to me but i like the premise. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cover reminds me of covers from years I go :) I like it and the carnival concept sounds really interesting. Great pick!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eep! That sounds super-creepy! Carnivals kind of freak me out anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of this. Sounds creeptastic! Nice pick! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if it gets creepier than a horror-y carnival, and creepy is TOTALLY my cup of tea:) I haven't heard of this one, great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design