Monday 10 March 2014

The Dark Tower Readalong

This man has one of the most amazing imaginations I have ever come across. When I was a lot younger than I am now I scared myself silly by reading 'Salem's Lot at an inappropriate age and that was me hooked on horror for the rest of my life.  The first Dark Tower book, The Gunslinger, came out in 1982 followed by seven more books over the years, ending with what's known as the one between books four and five, The Wind Through The Keyhole, in 2012.

Being not only a King fan but a fantasy fan too I picked up my first copy of The Gunslinger in 1994, closely followed by The Drawing of the Three and The Waste Lands - and that's as far as I got... Even though I completely fell in love with King's writing all over again  and obsessed over the travels of Roland et al I never progressed further in the realm of The Dark Tower. Fast forward more years than I care to think about and I was checking the wonderful Ms Markham's blog as I usually do and happened to notice that apart from Wind Through the Keyhole she'd never read any of the series so I proposed a buddy read and Z stupidly agreed! We're reading at a gentle pace although someone has jumped ahead of me and has finished book two already!

I've finished The Gunslinger and I'm hoping I'll get to finish The Drawing of the Three this week, look out for some burbling about The Gunslinger later on this week and more burbling about DotT next week. This is a buddy read so if anyone wants to join in feel free! We'll be chatting the books up on Twitter and maybe even mentioning @StephenKing too :)







2 comments:

  1. I might jump in on this read along. I finally collected the whole Dark Towers Series, along with The Wind Through the Keyhole, probably about a month ago. I haven't read any of the books yet and a group read sounds like a great way to start this massive collection ;) I'll make sure I tune in on the twitter chats xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had time to stop everything and read these again! I waited until the last book, THE DARK TOWER came out and then read all 7 books back to back. It took me about three months and is still the best reading experience I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design