Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #4 - Boneland






Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine 

These forthcoming releases get more and more exciting every week - to me anyway! This week's WoW is a biggie for me, the long awaited conclusion to the Alderley books by Alan Garner. I read The Weirdstone Of Brisingamen and The Moon Of Gomrath when I was 10 years old, those two books along with The Dark Is Rising Sequence by Susan Cooper are what started me on my lifelong love of fantasy and mythology.

So, imagine how excited I was when I saw this? Yep, that excited! And speechless... Alan Garner is 78 years old now so this is a book I thought I would never see. It's preordered, the moment it arrives the phone, tv and laptop will all go off and contact with the outside world will be cut off whilst I reacquaint myself with the story of Colin & Susan.



Boneland (Alderley #3) - Alan Garner
Published - FourthEstate
August 30th 2012

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series before but you are so excited it has made me excited :-)
    I will put it on my list. Great picks!
    -Cassie
    GreatMunchieReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even heard of this series before. I'm glad it's so good that you're impatiently waiting for it :)

    I'm a new follower via GFC. Stop by and follow back?

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm unfamiliar with this series, but it does look good....thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen this series before but I am definitely going to look into it =) Thanks for sharing!

    Our WoW post =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not heard of this book but I will be checking it out! Thanks for spotlighting it!

    Here is my WOW: http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2273

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this until now. Interesting

    Shortskie's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not usually into mythology and fantasy but this looks intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting. New follower. I've never heard of this book before now. Great WOW pick. Come visit me if you get a chance.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great, leave me a link and I'll come visit you!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design