Wednesday 29 March 2017

Can't Wait Wednesday #181 - Odd & True


Can't-Wait Wednesday is a new weekly meme hosted here to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. Generally, they're books that have yet to be released as well. It's based on Waiting on Wednesday, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week's choice is -


Odd & True - Cat Winters
ISBN - 9781419723100
Publisher - Amulet Books
Release date - September 12th, 2017

Trudchen grew up hearing Odette’s stories of their monster-slaying mother and a magician’s curse. But now that Tru’s older, she’s starting to wonder if her older sister’s tales were just comforting lies, especially because there’s nothing fantastic about her own life - permanently disabled and in constant pain from childhood polio.

In 1909, after a two-year absence, Od reappears with a suitcase supposedly full of weapons and a promise to rescue Tru from the monsters on their way to attack her. But it’s Od who seems haunted by something. And when the sisters’ search for their mother leads them to a face-off with the Leeds Devil, a nightmarish beast that’s wreaking havoc in the Mid-Atlantic states, Tru discovers the peculiar possibility that she and her sister - despite their dark pasts and ordinary appearances - might, indeed, have magic after all.


I've loved most of Cat Winters's previous books so am looking forward to this one quite a bit, especially as it features a disabled character. Roll on September!

6 comments:

  1. This looks really scary, lol! But I like the fact it features a disabled character, like you say. Hope you enjoy!
    Here's my WoW

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I almost featured this one this week as well. This book sounds so good and I am already in love with the cover. Like you, it can't get here soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one before but you definitely have me intrigued.
    Great choice this week :)
    Here is my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good! I actually own a couple books by Cat Winters, but I haven't been able to read them yet due to lack of time. I've heard she is awesome when it comes to her paranormal historicals though.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I love Cat's books and this one sounds really good. Plus, awesome cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This definitely caught my interest ~ thanks for highlighting it. Hope you enjoy it!

    Renee - My CWW

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design