Wednesday 30 November 2016

Waiting On Wednesday #173 - Luna: Wolf Moon

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -


A Dragon is dead.

Corta Helio, one of the five family corporations that rule the Moon, has fallen. Its riches are divided up among its many enemies, its survivors scattered. Eighteen months have passed.

The remaining Helio children, Lucasinho and Luna, are under the protection of the powerful Asamoahs, while Robson, still reeling from witnessing his parent’s violent deaths, is now a ward - virtually a hostage - of Mackenzie Metals. And the last appointed heir, Lucas, has vanished off the surface of the moon.

Only Lady Sun, dowager of Taiyang, suspects that Lucas Corta is not dead, and more to the point - that he is still a major player in the game. After all, Lucas always was the Schemer, and even in death, he would go to any lengths to take back everything and build a new Corta Helio, more powerful than before. But Corta Helio needs allies, and to find them, the fleeing son undertakes an audacious, impossible journey - to Earth.

In an unstable lunar environment, the shifting loyalties and political machinations of each family reach the zenith of their most fertile plots as outright war erupts.

Luna: Wolf Moon continues Ian McDonald's saga of the Five Dragons.

I have been desperately waiting for news of this book. Luna: New Moon was a surprise top ten read for me this year in that I absolutely loved it. I can only hope Luna: Wolf Moon, the concluding part of the duology, is half as good. Either way, it's going to be one of the few books I allow myself to buy in 2017!

7 comments:

  1. This look great, thanks for sharing! Here's my WoW (film)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually not heard of this duology but I love the cover and synopsis for this one. I'm off to see about the first book.
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! The waiting sucks, but when an awesome book comes out, it makes it all worth it. I hope this one is as fabulous (or more so) than the first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fantastic! I hope you enjoy it if you get a chance to read it.
    Check out my WOW 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, this is brand new on my radar! This sounds really good, so thank you for sharing it! I really hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited about this book! Loved the first one!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like an interesting book!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design