My Addictions - Marianne de Pierres
1) TV series – drama and comedy: It’s become my great passion of late. I gobble them down at a phenomenal rate, and love nothing better than a binge watch of an entire 6 or 7 season series over a few days. It makes for such a great viewing experience. Lately I’ve binge-watched WEEDS, GILMORE GIRLS, and a bunch of UK period drama mini-series like Sense and Sensibility and Emma, but my top watch for this year is OUTLANDER. Ronald D. Moore is da man!
2) Basketball – the greatest sport on earth. I watch, coach, and play. I can’t imagine what my life would have been like without it.
3) Books – natch! I’m surrounded by them every day in my library/ sitting room/ office. So many good stories to read, so little time.
4) Cake – life is all about the next great slice of (gluten free) cake. Truly.
5) Chocolate – yes, of course, and right now I’m on a strict detox.
6) My family – I suffer unnerving withdrawals when I can’t see or speak to them.
7) My birds – see family problem above. I have three noisy galahs who are demand air time.
8) The Internet -- for shame, for shame, but it is the truth. My websites and I are co-dependent.
9) My peeps -- I mean the real ones. The friends who are genuine; those who I trust to be honest and kind.
Marianne de Pierres is the author of the acclaimed Parrish Plessis series, the award-winning Sentients of Orion science fiction series and the Peacemaker SF Western series. The Parrish Plessis series has been translated into eight languages and adapted into a roleplaying game. She’s also the author of a teen dark fantasy series.
Marianne is an active supporter of genre fiction and has mentored many writers. She lives in Brisbane, Australia, with her husband and three galahs. Marianne writes award-winning crime under the pseudonym Marianne Delacourt. Visit her websites at www.mariannedepierres.com and www.tarasharp.com.au and www.burnbright.com.au